Friday, November 12, 2010

Balance

Trying to balance my school life, home life, crafting life, etc. is hard!  I want to do it all but something always has to take a backseat.  Because school is the priority and I only have five weeks left in my semester, crafting has to take a back seat.

 Did I say I would not be crafting at all?  NO WAY!

How else am I going to keep myself sane?

So for the 45 minutes I had this morning between seeing each of my boys off to school I worked on this:

Chain piecing in progress for quilt along

Pillow top for MIL to match her quilt
The sun streaming through our front windows only lasts for an hour or so, so I take advantage of it = streaks in the photos.  I sure hope these colors work together.  I finished cutting out all of the fabric last night while the husband was watching TV.  By the way, I am not a big TV watcher.  I'll be in the same room with him but usually I am reading a book or magazines or cutting fabric, and after 18 years of marriage to this man...

I excel at tuning out The Simpsons.  Hope I do not offend anyone, but if I never see or hear another reference to The Simpsons for the rest of my life, it would be a good thing.  Now I've just given that show ink on my blog!  Ugh.  

Off to the library to spend the day with my eyes in books.  Hope you all have a very good Friday.

 Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. The whole chain piecing bit was new to me, but I LOVE it!!! Wow, it's so much nicer! And I bought a 1/4" presser foot which is awesome too!

    You sound very busy...so finishing up with all that means you're doing awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,
    Thanks for commenting on my blog. I did some work on the Frosted Stars over the weekend and will post some updates next week, so I hope you will come back. Crafting + school + family IS hard. I have done it and I feel for you. I have an aqua and red quilt on the design wall as well - well I have a stack of fabric ready to be cut!!! Take care!
    Jaye
    http://artquiltmaker.com/blog

    ReplyDelete